General English +Private Lessons
General English + Private Lessons offers you the chance to study three hours of English in a group class combined with either one or two private lessons tailored to you and your needs.
Hours per week
15 + 5 or 10 hours
Elementary – Advanced (Beginners on Request)
15 (10 in the Summer)
About General English + Private Lessons
|Lesson 1 & 2||9.00 - 11.15||General English|
|Lesson 3||11.30 - 12.30||Practical English|
|Lunch time||12.30 - 13.30|
|Lesson 4 (& 5)||13.30 - 15.45||Private Lessons|
For the first 2 hours we work with a course book to enable you to improve the 4 main skills: speaking, listening, reading and writing as well as grammar and vocabulary.
The third hour focuses on practical English and study skills to help you use the English you have learnt. (E.g. going to the restaurant, colloquial English, interrupting a conversation, etc.)
Your private lessons take place in the afternoon. You will be able to arrange with your teacher what you would like covered in your lesson.
This could be:
- Further English practice specifically adapted to your needs
- English for Specific Purposes (Business, Medicine, Law, conversation, etc.)
- Examination preparation (IELTS, FCE, etc.)
- GCSE and Advanced Level (A level) exams
We generally offer you two activities a week, including one free and one paid activity. They start at 4 pm, and you are welcome to join any time.
Free activities could include:
- Board games
- CIE Cinema
- Afternoon Tea at CIE
- And many more
Paid activities could include:
- Escape room
- Harry Potter Tour
- Crazy golf
- Ice skating
- And many more
*Courses start every Monday, except on Bank Holidays. Check our opening times for more detailed information.
Watch Majed talk about his time at CIE
Watch our video
Benefits of Private Lessons
- Quick progress in short time
- Personalised class to suit your individual needs
- All course material provided
- Monitor your progress with optional revisions and homework each week
- End of course certificate (according to the Common European Framework)
- Free activities on offer every week