Intensive English Course
Our Intensive English Course offers you the chance to immerse yourself in the English language with 5 hours of lessons per day in the mornings and afternoons.
Hours per week
Elementary – Advanced (Beginners on Request)
12 people maximum (usually less than 8)
About Intensive English
|Lesson 1 & 2||9.00 - 11.15||General English|
|Lesson 3||11.30 - 12.30||Practical or Academic English|
|Lunch time||12.30 - 13.30|
|Lesson 4 & 5||13.30 - 15.45||Topical English|
For the first 2 hours we work with a course book. This will help you to improve you 4 main skills: speaking, listening, reading, and writing. In addition, you will also study grammar and vocabulary.
The third hour focuses on practical English and study skills. It will help you use the English you have learnt. (For example, going to the restaurant, colloquial English, interrupting a conversation, etc.)
Our Academic English lesson focuses on study skills in an academic environment. Academic skills include reading, writing, listening, and speaking. This benefits you especially if you want to study at an English speaking university, for example.
- Features thought-provoking topics relevant to students in higher education
- Develops skills required for academic study, including note-taking, essay-writing, and giving presentations
- Includes strategies for undertaking research and dealing with unfamiliar vocabulary
- Provides tips for self-study
Afternoon classes are topic-based. You will be able to use all your skills. Topics vary and can be selected by the students. The class may also include videos, project work, conversation, and so on. Students often work towards a small presentation at the end of the week.
We generally offer you two activities a week, including one free and one paid activity. They start at 4 pm, and you are welcome to join any time.
Free activities could include:
- Board games
- CIE Cinema
- Afternoon Tea at CIE
- And many more
Paid activities could include:
- Escape room
- Harry Potter Tour
- Crazy golf
- Ice skating
- And many more
*Courses start every Monday, except on Bank Holidays. Check our opening times for more detailed information.
Benefits of the Intensive English Course
- Quick progress in short time
- Personalised classes to suit your individual needs
- Small class size
- All course material provided
- Monitor your progress with revisions each week
- End of course certificate (according to the Common European Framework)
- Free activities on offer every week