Speaking Skills & Language
Breaking the Ice
Giving Advice like an Agony Aunt
Life after Lockdown
Free Online Conversation Café
Please only join the meeting if you have read and agree with the code of conduct below.
We are hosting a new, free to join virtual Conversation Café on Zoom with the aim to bring together CIE friends old and new!
When? Every Friday 9-10am UK time (BST)
How? Follow the Zoom link at the bottom of this page
Who? 15+ years*, all levels, all nationalities
These are free, informal sessions and will be led by one of our friendly, experienced CIE teachers.
Each week we will focus on a different topic to discuss, PLUS we will provide a free mini lesson where we will look at a particular language point or skill and then we will put it into practise in our conversation.
We want to provide you with the opportunity to practise your spoken English, improve your listening and learn from each other about life in different corners of the world!
Our Conversation Café is a place to feel relaxed, welcome and appreciated so please read our Code of Conduct below which must be agreed to and followed in order to participate.
Meeting ID: 876 9487 7462
Online code of conduct
We are very excited to invite you to CIE Virtual Conversation Cafe where you can meet people from different countries and practise your English in a safe environment. You might be an ex-student of CIE or a friend of a friend who is looking for opportunities to practise their English and perhaps visit Oxford in the near future. Here’s a fantastic opportunity to meet our teachers and make new friends.
We ask you to adhere to some common rules so that everyone feels safe and comfortable.
- Please be respectful to the teachers and fellow participants
- Keep your camera on
- Use your name (in Latin alphabet) when you join
- Keep yourself muted when not speaking to avoid unnecessary background noises
- Dress appropriately
- Make sure your environment does not display any inappropriate images
- Switch off your mobile phone
- Actively participate but try not to dominate the conversation
- You might be divided into smaller breakout rooms, please use English at all times
- The sessions might be recorded for quality assurance and promotional purposes. Only the teacher can record
- No videos or screenshots will be taken and shared by the participants
- Please do not share the link, but you are welcome to refer anyone interested to our website
If for any reason CIE teachers believe that your online behaviour is inappropriate, they will remove you from the event and block you from entering any future events.
If you do have any questions or concerns about the online behaviour of other participants, please contact Irma immediately at [email protected]
Please check the full CIE e-safeguarding policy.
Meeting ID: 876 9487 7462